Terms and conditions
Clauses 12 and 14 contain exclusions and limitations of liability.
Clauses 12 and 14 contain exclusions and limitations of liability.
- These are the terms and conditions (conditions) that apply between LAW2020 LLP (we and our) and the person or entity named on the booking form as the party to the contract or the party otherwise booking on to a course (you or your).
- These terms apply to the contract between us to the exclusion of any other terms.
- The registration form that you submit to us or the request from you that you wish to book on to a particular course is an offer. A contract is formed when we accept your offer. As a result of the contract you will be allocated a place at an event (booking). Our acceptance must be in writing which includes email. Acceptance will be deemed to take place when we send written confirmation by email or by letter to an email address or other address (if you have requested confirmation by letter) that you have provided on the booking form or in your request for that purpose. Acceptance will be deemed to take place whether or not you receive the written confirmation. If you do not receive a written confirmation within 7 days of submitting your booking form, please contact us.
- These terms constitute the entire agreement between us relating to its subject matter and you acknowledge that you have not relied on any other statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty.
- You agree to pay the fee specified on the booking form (course fee) in cleared funds by the date specified for payment in the booking form (due date) or by the date of the course whichever is the earlier.
- If you do not pay the course fee by the due date we may at our sole discretion (1) accept payment later than the due date or (2) refuse you entry to the event. If this clause 6 applies, no refunds will be made of any of the sums you have paid. The balance of the course fee will remain payable and this clause is without prejudice to our rights to seek recovery of the full amount due.
- You may cancel your booking. If you cancel your registration less than 28 days before the event, or if you do not attend the event, there will be no refund of any sums you may have paid and you will remain liable to pay the full course fee. If you cancel your registration 28 days or more before the event, you will be liable to pay 50% of the course fee and we will refund any sums in excess of this amount if you have already paid the course fee. In order to cancel a registration, you must send an email to email@example.com and the date of cancellation will be deemed to be when the email is received by us. You agree that the refund made in accordance with this clause is your sole remedy in the event of a cancellation by you.
- We have sole discretion at any time and for any reason and without incurring any liability to you to change any aspect of an event including without limitation the date, speakers, format, content, venue, location and programme.
- In addition to our right to make changes under clause 8, we may, at our sole discretion and without incurring any liability to you, cancel or change the date of an event due to a force majeure event. A force majeure event means any event or circumstance, regardless whether it was foreseeable, that (1) has an impact that we in our sole discretion consider to be adverse to us or adverse to the running of the event and (2) is beyond our reasonable control and (3) in our opinion is likely to cause delay or otherwise prevent us from complying or make it more onerous for us to comply with any of our obligations under our contract with you including our obligation to deliver the training in the location or on the due date.
- If we exercise our discretion to cancel or change the date of an event, other than for a force majeure event, you shall be entitled to receive a refund of the fees you have paid or, at your sole discretion, to a credit note.
- If we cancel an event due to a force majeure event, we may at our sole discretion reschedule the event and offer you the opportunity to attend the rescheduled event. You may at your sole discretion chose to attend the rescheduled event. Where the event is cancelled or there is a change to the date of an event and where you do not wish to attend a rescheduled event, we will refund you the fees that you have paid but will retain a sum equivalent to 10% of the course fee in respect of administrative costs.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law and without prejudice to the generality of clause 14, we shall not be liable to you for any loss, delay, damage or other liability whether direct or indirect caused by, incurred, resulting from, or arising from any change whatsoever to an event including without limitation any change to the date of an event or its cancellation.
- We have sole discretion to refuse admission to an event or to eject a person if there is a failure to comply with these terms and conditions or if that person’s presence in our opinion poses a security risk or a disruption to the running of the event.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall under no circumstances be liable to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with the contract between us or the services to be provided by us.
- Our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed a refund of any course fee paid by you. The terms implied by sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract. You acknowledge that the contents of training courses do not amount to legal advice. Whilst care will be taken to ensure that the contents of our courses are accurate and up to date, you acknowledge that we, our agents, representatives, members, employees or anyone associated with us do not accept any legal liability in relation to any content of any training or other material or anything said or done during a training session or event. This clause 15 shall survive termination of the Contract.
- A person who is not a party to this contract shall not have any rights to enforce its terms.
- This contract, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).